Moose

Moose

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Lazy Sundays

Sundays in this house are wonderful and somewhat downhearted. Moose and I enjoy our day of rest, happily laying in the sun or going on one of our famed neighborhood walks. But, like every day before it, Sundays too come to a close, signaling the end of the weekend, and typically the day Buddy goes home. Today is no different. I rounded on my eight tiny babies, went grocery shopping, climbed into my pjs, and settled into my sunny window seat on the couch. So did Moose.

I love waking up early on Sunday mornings and making some kind of yummy breakfast...my new favorite being blueberry almond baked oatmeal! I get to drink my yummy organic coffee from Mexico, then Moose curls up on the floor in the sun while I wash dishes and do laundry. Sometimes he lays under my feet while I read at the kitchen table, another favorite sunny spot.

A few years ago Buddy and I used to sit on the back porch in our bathrobes and fuzzy slippers in the spring and fall, one of us reading the newspaper, one of us studying. Still enjoying good coffee and home cooked breakfast.

Today Moose guarded the front lawn in the comfort of our living room while I watched TV, knitted (of course), and snacked.

Then there are the days I'm post call and stuck rounding, but that's next Sunday.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

You have one muddy dog in that picture, I did not realize at first that was Moose. Gross. Also, I will visit you on Sundays forever now :) Val