Moose

Moose

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Best plan ever...

I'm going out of town this weekend to visit the Nyungwe National Forest. It's a little known, hidden Rwandan treasure of a rainforest that houses troops of Colobus monkeys that are as large as 400 in number and habituated groups of chimpanzees. I'm leaving very early tomorrow morning for the 4 hour bus ride to stay at the Gisukuru Guesthouse for a night at the tea plantation. Hopefully I'll get some hiking in tomorrow afternoon and then it's Chimp trekking at 5 am Saturday morning!

Each hiker is given a guide as part of the park fee, so someone from the ORTPN (Rwandan national parks service) will help me out both days.

I should have some good pictures from my little excursion. I'll finish posting more stuff when I get back!

No comments: